Saturday, August 7, 2010

Norah's First Birthday

On May 29, 2010, Norah turned one! Hopefully, since her first year is behind us, I will be making more contributions to this blog. Thank you to all who've continued to read and comment despite my meager entries!

I wanted to share some snapshots from Norah's party. It was a garden theme thus we celebrated in my parents' garden. Three-digit temperatures had yet to smother us...how I am dreaming of those days!

My parents and Matt's parents, sisters and their families joined us for a sweet little celebration. Our roommate Stephanie made the cupcakes and smash cake. She is incredibly talented and enjoys baking (hint, hint...shameless plug).

Norah's name means "light/torch" or "honor." She has been a huge
bright spot in the past year. Her smile lights up our world and we are honored to s
hepherd her little heart to trust in the Savior Shepherd who loves her even more than we do.

Norah, you are a joy to love!




20 comments:

Rosie Villodas said...

Awww.... thanks for sharing pics of your celebration! P.S. Love the cupcakes... too cute! :)

Royce Ogle said...

Beautiful!

Sandy said...

a blessing & legacy to be celebrated indeed!

Crystal Malek said...

Oh my, those cupcakes are too cute! Beautiful pics. Prayers continue for you and your sweet family. Thanks to you guys for sharing the past year with all of us in cyberspace.

debra parker said...

I love all the party details. I am already starting to think up party stuff for our seven month old Jude.

Amanda said...

Sweet, sweet pictures!

prin said...

I love the garden cakes. Great concept.

Norah's going to be such an aware person. You can see it in her eyes.

Sarah said...

Lauren, Thanks for sharing. It made my heart happy to see the post as I looked through the blogs I follow (stalk, whatever). Praying for you all.

The Durham's said...

Oh my, friend!! Your kids are absolutely adorable!! Think of you so often:)

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look beautiful. We are planning Campbell's 1st birthday party just now. I can't believe it has already been a year. I think that with every child the time goes by faster. Rebecca is going into middle school this year and oh how I ca remember celebrating her first birthday.

Colored With Memories said...

sooooo sweet!

her cheeks are delicious!

kerry

Nicole said...

Norah is just beautiful! That last pic makes me want to have another baby!

Unknown said...

Welcome back! Looks like a great party!

Keri Campbell said...

Love,Love that little girl. And, to add to your shameless plug, Stephanie made the cupcakes for Emma's birthday and everyone loved them!
Enjoy that precious light!
Love,
Keri

LAH said...

Adorable photos! You are more than welcome to throw my next birthday party... whatever theme you'd like, I trust you. Ha.

Dionna said...

What a precious face and what a beautiful party for her. So elegant. :)

Team Green said...

La! Your photo "effects" are too cool. They look vintage. And that last one of Norah - she's changing so much! Those cheeks, that nose, that chin - she's a beautiful blessing. Love your family so much.

Liz said...

Precious!

Fran said...

Oh my goodness!!! That sweet baby is just adorable!! Thanks for sharing.

Hugs and blessings from TN,
Fran

E said...

She is a beauty! They grow up so fast. :) Thanks for sharing!